Meet Ken Hoyt
The Professional Version
What are your qualifications?
- Certified Financial Planner ™ (CFP®)
- IRS Enrolled Agent (EA)
- NAPFA-registered financial advisor
- Syracuse University – BS, Finance
- Northeastern University – MS Finance
What is your past experience?
Prior to founding Hoyt Wealth Management, I was a fee-only financial advisor with another local firm. Prior to that, I held a number of positions related to investments, accounting, and taxation.
What Sets HWM Apart.
- We specialize in tax-efficient investing and planning for professionals approaching retirement, or already retired
- We understand the tax implications of equity compensation (ISOs, NSOs, RSUs, ESPPs)
- Every recommendation will factor in your entire portfolio, your tax situation, and your financial plan
- My only incentive is for my clients to be financially successful and as such, my only compensation is either a flat or asset-based fee , not from commissions.
- HWM is approved to offer mutual funds from Dimensional Fund Advisors, the pioneer in evidence-based investing
The Personal Version
I have been interested in finance since high school, from preparing my siblings tax returns to following the stock market. During high school I worked in the family business, which my grandfather started many decades ago.
After graduating from college, I held several positions in investment accounting, and technology sales, eventually deciding that working directly with clients was my true calling. This led me to become a traditional financial advisor, but I quickly learned that most of these jobs were commissioned sales positions. While this provided valuable experience, I came to realize that the sales-oriented culture did not align with my personality or my clients’ best interests. Thus my 7 year hiatus from financial planning began, working as an account manager at IBM.
During my time at IBM, I launched Hoyt Wealth Management with the goal of helping clients achieve financial peace of mind. In 2017, it was time to go full-time with financial planning so I joined a local firm, where I advised clients for 2 ½ years until deciding to go solo in 2020.
I'm a Massachusetts native, growing up in Natick but living in Westford with my family since 2015. When not working, I enjoy tennis, golf, hiking, cooking, road trips around New England, and attempting to grow things.
Now, What About You?
What are your family’s goals? I’d love to get to know more about your objectives and how I can be of assistance.