Meet Ken Hoyt
The Professional Version
What are your qualifications?
- Certified Financial Planner ™ (CFP®)
- IRS Enrolled Agent (EA)
- NAPFA-registered financial advisor
- Syracuse University – BS, Finance
- Northeastern University – MS Finance
What is your past experience?
Prior to founding Hoyt Wealth Management, I was a fee-only financial advisor with another local firm. Prior to that, I held a number of positions related to investments, accounting, and taxation.
What Sets You Apart.
- Every recommendation will factor in your entire portfolio, your tax situation, and your financial plan
- Expert advice on equity compensation: Incentive Stock Options, Non-Statutory Options, RSUs, and Restricted Stock
- My only incentive is for my clients to be financially successful and as such, my only compensation is either a flat or asset-based fee , not from commissions.
- HWM is approved to offer mutual funds from Dimensional Fund Advisors, the pioneer in evidence-based investing.
The Personal Version
I have been interested in finance since high school, from preparing my siblings tax returns to following the stock market. I would save money from working in the family business and marvel at how bank interest compounded over time.
After graduating from college, I held several positions in investment accounting, and technology sales, eventually deciding that working directly with clients was my true calling. This led me to become a traditional financial advisor, selling investments for a commission. While this provided valuable experience, I came to realize that the sales-oriented culture did not align with my clients’ best interests.
During my time at IBM, I launched Hoyt Wealth Management with the goal of helping clients achieve financial peace of mind. When it was time to go full-time with financial planning, I joined a local firm, where I advised clients for 2 ½ years until deciding to go solo.
I live in Westford, Massachusetts with my wife, three teenagers and goldendoodle. When not working, I enjoy tennis, golf, hiking, cooking, and road trips with my family.