Meet Ken Hoyt
The Professional Version
What are your qualifications?
- Certified Financial Planner ™ (CFP®)
- IRS Enrolled Agent (EA)
- NAPFA-registered financial advisor
- Syracuse University – BS, Finance
- Northeastern University – MS Finance
What is your past experience?
Prior to founding Hoyt Wealth Management, I was a fee-only financial advisor with another local firm. Prior to that, I held a number of positions related to investments, accounting, and taxation.
What Sets HWM Apart.
- We specialize in tax-efficient investing and planning for professionals approaching retirement, or already retired
- We understand the tax implications of equity compensation (ISOs, NSOs, RSUs, ESPPs)
- Every recommendation will factor in your entire portfolio, your tax situation, and your financial plan
- My only incentive is for my clients to be financially successful and as such, my only compensation is either a flat or asset-based fee , not from commissions.
- HWM is approved to offer mutual funds from Dimensional Fund Advisors, the pioneer in evidence-based investing
The Personal Version
I have been interested in finance since high school, from preparing my siblings tax returns to following the stock market. During high school I worked in the family business, which my grandfather started many decades ago.
After graduating from college, I held several positions in investment accounting, and technology sales, eventually deciding that working directly with clients was my true calling. This led me to become a traditional financial advisor, but I quickly learned that most of these jobs were commissioned sales positions. While this provided valuable experience, I came to realize that the sales-oriented culture did not align with my personality or my clients’ best interests. Thus my 7 year hiatus from financial planning began, working as an account manager at IBM.
During my time at IBM, I launched Hoyt Wealth Management with the goal of helping clients achieve financial peace of mind. In 2017, it was time to go full-time with financial planning so I joined a local firm, where I advised clients for 2 ½ years until deciding to go solo in 2020.
I'm a Massachusetts native, growing up in Natick but living in Westford with my family since 2015. When not working, I enjoy tennis, golf, hiking, cooking, road trips around New England, and attempting to grow things.